What is Reiki and How Can it Benefit You?
Reiki is believed to have originated in Tibet thousands of years ago. Current Reiki practice can be traced to Dr. Mikao Usui in Japan during the 20th Century.
What is it and how does it work?
Reiki is based on the philosophy that in everything there is a universal life energy that supports of the body’s inherent self-healing abilities. Reiki Therapy Practioners can access this energy, allowing it to flow into the body and facilitate the healing powers of Rei– (universal) ki– (life energy).
Do you know that Reiki can be used on all living things, such as, animals, pets, fish, plants, trees and even to energize the food you eat? I have a colony of feral cats which I care for, and I have used distance Reiki to heal many disorders, scrapes, and injuries.
What is it used for?
An Integrative Reiki Session may help you with:
- Pain relief
- Stress management
- Anxiety, depression and panic attacks
- Surgery recovery
- Chemotherapy treatments
- To balance the energy centers of the body to create a wonderful sense of well being
and so many other afflictions.
What Reiki IS NOT
Reiki is not:
- associated with any religion, cult or psychic mind reading
- to replace your doctor’s orders or medication
- to diagnose disease – both physically or mentally
- to deliver “dark energy” because Reiki can only be used for light energy.
Please do yourself a favor and make an appointment at The Mind Body Collective for a Reiki Session. Your body, mind, and soul will appreciate it.
Kathleen Dutton is a Usui Reiki Master/Teacher. You can make an appointment for a Reiki Session or let her know if you would like to register for Reiki classes. 248-821-1098
Bridgette and Nicole also perform Reiki Sessions.